HEARTY & HEALTHY
Vegetarian Lamb Curry
The pungent smell of a good curry and its taste on the taste buds will make anyone tingle with excitement. Just because you are vegan or vegetarian, doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the rich taste of curries. These days, thanks to modern-day technology, you can try vegetarian lamb made from soy protein or textured vegetable protein (TVP).
In this blog post, you will learn how to make the vegetarian lamb curry. Most of the ingredients you will need can be found in any grocery shop in Malaysia. For plant-based meat or other vegetarian products, you can easily purchase them from Everbest Malaysia.
- 250gm Everbest Veg.
- Stewed Lamb Chunk
- 200gm fresh grounded
- chilli paste
- 800gm (1/3 cup) coconut
- milk (optional)
- Curry leaves
- 1 big onion (optional)
- 15 grams of ginger
- 1 green chilli
- 1 big tomato
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons of
- vegetable oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of sugar
- 300ml water
- Pandan leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon of coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of biryani powder
- 2 pods cardamom
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- Cut vegetarian lamb into bite-size pieces.
- Slice the green chilli pepper into nice rings.
- Slice the tomato into nice rings (remove the seeds).
- Chop the curry leaves.
- Chop the ginger finely. Alternatively, you can also make it into a paste.
Balance is the key when cooking the vegetarian curry lamb. A good curry lamb meal, cooked by the hand of an expert, has all of its elements working in sync, each finding its sweet spot in the flavour palette.
- Set the wok or pan on the stove to heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and allow to heat.
- Add 2 pinches of cinnamon, 2 pods of cardamom, and 1 dry chilli. Fry until the aroma is all over the place.
- Add in the pandan leaves and lemongrass. Pandan leaves are optional however, they can add to the taste as well as enhance the aroma of the meal.
- If you are planning to include onions in your recipe, you can add them now. Make sure they are chopped finely. Allow to fry for about 10 minutes, then add the chopped curry leaves.
- Add the chopped tomato and allow to fry for extra 2 minutes.
- Add finely chopped ginger and allow to fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the Veg. stewed lamb chunk and allow to fry for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon of curry powder, 1 teaspoon of coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon of chilli powder, and 1 teaspoon of biryani powder.
- Add 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of salt.
- Cover and leave to boil. Once it boils, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- For a richer, creamier curry add 1/3 cup of coconut milk and cook uncovered for 3 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning, and add as required.
Your delicious vegetarian lamb curry is ready! The aroma of curry spices is strong and delicious — one that will linger in your kitchen for the whole day. So don’t wait, have all the ingredients ready and start cooking. Don’t forget to try more vegetarian meat or other vegetarian products from Everbest Malaysia.
Happy cooking! Enjoy your meal!